Wednesday, January 19, 2011
More than a year in Texas
So many things have happened while moving to the great state of Texas. We moved to the first place...site unseen...huge mistake! (nasty trailer home, falling down, great landlord, but horrible neighbors, and a duct system full of black mold.)Then we moved again...the location was lovely...3 acres of pasture with pastures surrounding the property...the house was falling down after years and years of no maintenance and being patched up very badly after hurricane Ike. The land lady was NUTS... as in... needs the funny farm ASAP nuts, she never would fix anything and the leaking toilet was the last straw! So, now we are in our third place. We've been here since December 1st. We now live wwwwwwayyyyy out in the country with 3 acres. Our landlord is a great guy. He lives close by on a goat farm. Our chickens have plenty of space to run crazy and we're getting 45 more rare breed chickens soon. I think we already have about 50 now. Look out egg production! We already get half a dozen eggs a day! I wonder what egg production will look like after our chickie poos grow up and start laying! Good thing we know a place that will buy our eggs from us! My dog, Yeti, while still a puppy, is now the size of a small pony. She's growing and doing a good job of protecting the chickens. We haven't had any of them die from predation. So many things have happened since moving here. I will post some of the highlights, but for now... I should be in bed sleeping. I had to go home early yesterday and go to the DR. I have a bladder infection and had to take today off. (I know TMI, right?)But back to work tomorrow... which means, I need some more rest. I will post some pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment