Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Gluten free bread recipe
I made a loaf of gluten free bread in my bread machine last week and I forgot to take a picture of it. It turned out really good. I thought I'd post the recipe. I'm making another loaf right now, but I changed some of the ingredients. Hopefully it will turn out.
GF Bread:
2 C. brown rice flour
1/2 C. potato starch
1/2 C. tapioca flour
1/3 C. cornstarch
1 Tb. xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp salt
1Tb. yeast
3 eggs
1 Tb. honey
4 Tb. melted butter
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 1/4C. milk (I use powdered)
Measure first 6 ingredients into a bowl and whisk together well. In a separate bowl, combine yeast with 1/4C. of hot water out of tap. Stir in honey and let sit until foamy. Combine eggs, melted butter, vinegar, and milk together and put into flours. Add yeast mixture and gently combine. Put into your bread machine and set for a basic loaf.
Oven method: Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil a 9x5 loaf pan. Measure out flours into a mixing bowl, add in liquids and yeast mixture. Beat dough. Scrape into the loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise to top of pan. Bake 30-45 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment