Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It WORKED!!! I did it... and they're good...


I made gluten-free zucchini muffins.... and they are oh so tasty!!! I changed the recipe considerably... so here is:
Gluten-Free Orange Carrot-Zucchini muffins
3 eggs
1 C. oil
1 C. sugar
1 C. honey
1 C. shredded zucchini
1 C. shredded carrot
grated orange peel from two oranges and the juice
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. white rice flour
1/2 C. brown rice flour
1 C. tapioca flour
1/4 C. potato flour
1/4 C. cornstarch
2 tsp. xanthan gum
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs until frothy, mix in oil, sugar, and honey. Stir in zucchini, carrot, orange peel, orange juice, and vanilla. Stir in all dry ingredients. Grease and flour (I used tapioca flour) 2 muffin tins, bake for 25 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.

No comments: