Saturday, February 5, 2011
chickens
So this week we got a batch of Barnevelder chicks in the mail. This is the second batch we've ordered in the mail, but I'm particularly excited about these birds. In my reading of chickens I found this breed lays the darkest brown eggs you can find. I think it is exciting that I can order chicks like my Grandmother used to do. My Mom remembers Grandma ordering chicks and taking care of them under a heat lamp. And in two weeks we will get our last spring batch arriving in the mail. I'm obsessed... we will have more than 100 chickens. This spring we should be getting about 30 eggs a day. What are we going to do with so many eggs??? Stay tuned in!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sound like you will be trading in a lot of eggs for other things.
p.s. can you send me some delicious eggs?
Post a Comment