Thursday, July 21, 2011
updates
I've been urged to update my blog more regularly. I need to be more diligent at putting my crazy life in order and have time to do the things I really want to do. I read my last update and laughed... pretty hard! We had in excess of 100 chickens.... ummm... anyone want fresh eggs from pasture raised birds? Ha ha ha... we have so many eggs that we've begun feeding some of them to the dog... I had no idea dogs liked eggs. Yesterday, James had about 20 roosters butchered. (They get too amorous with the hens and won't leave them alone.) Living on a small farm keeps us very busy... well keeps James very busy. I work and am gone 10-12 hours a day and do a lot of overnights at work. That leaves James to work the farm. We were given two turkeys and I'd really like to scale down the chickens and raise turkeys. They are so calm and sweet. It's funny to watch them follow James around the yard and then sit by him when he's working on things. They are very social. We also have guineas and we got 3 kittens whom my dog adopted and treats like her babies. SIGH... I don't think my dog is normal... she picks the kittens up like a mother cat does and she licks them and is constantly watching over them like an overprotective mother. I suppose I should be grateful.. she could be chasing them and trying to eat them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment