Saturday, September 1, 2007

The State Fair

James and I went to the state fair today. We had a great time. I think we looked at every craft project and animal they had. Our favorite (well at least my favorite) thing we saw was the glass blowers. They were amazing. James really liked them too, but probably the crazy emu was at the top of his list. This animal couldn't get enough of being petted. I don't think I've seen a stranger animal, he could hear the deep bass drum of the music and his head kept dropping lower and lower. He was one sleepy bird. The other male emu kept looking around, his owner said he was looking for the girls... he said the females make deep mating sounds and the emu probably was wondering where the girls were at! We a saw a sow nursing her eight piglets, very cute! I should have taken a picture. Pigs are not cute, but piglets are. There was a mama sheep and her twin babies, an ewe and ram. The ewe was leaping around, happy as can be... even jumping on mom. I could have watched her for hours, so cute. James loved the goats. He raised two nubian goats when he was a boy and has a tender spot in his heart for them. He petted almost every goat they had. It's fun to watch him with the animals. Of course we looked at all the rabbits, they were really sweet. I think we both wish we could have a small farm, yet I saw some 4H pictures of a 12 year old child helping to birth goats.... um.. ewww... kinda gross. I'm not putting my hands anywhere I can't see them... I don't want to be involved with that part. Hopefully we'll be able to raise our children around animals so they won't be grossed out by natural processes of nature like I am. I kept saying, "oh gross" to James while looking at all the birthing pictures and he said life was a messy business. Yeah, in more ways than one dear.... in more ways than one. A LONG time later after I forgot about the animals, we shared a scone and fried oreos. I love being with my husband, we have a lot of fun together.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Having fun as a married couple is so important. I'm happy that you are having fun! Mom