Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Family
I talked to my Dad last night. I hardly ever get to talk to him and it was nice to hear him. Unfortunately, he was involved in a car accident. My Mom and Dad were driving to the coast and my Mom slowed down for the car in front of them to turn. The car in back of them never slowed down, just rammed into my parents. The guy who was driving put his own wife in the hospital. My Dad is in a lot of pain. He has to take a medical leave from work because he's in so much pain. If you know my Dad, he always goes to work, sometimes even on the weekends. He likes his work and always meets his deadlines. He says he's fine, but I still worry. My Dad isn't really one to complain much and as he's gotten older he's become a lot more mellow.
But then the good part... My Dad asked me if I'd like to come home for a visit. Perhaps for a couple of weeks. He has lots of frequent flier miles and he's willing to let me have some. HMMMMMM... let's see, going home? WELL YES! I haven't been home for a couple of years.
<(Picture of the Oregon Coast)
Then they said they'd like to come visit me in Texas sometimes after Christmas. How lucky can I get? I have been wanting my parents to come here SO BAD! I need to make a list of fun things we can do while we're here so they don't get bored. I also have got to fence all the animals away from the house. Even though my Mom grew up on a farm, she doesn't like animals. So much to do between now and then.... I better GET BUSY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment