
I was required to read this book for my capstone class. (For those of you who do not know what a capstone is... it is the class you take that is 6 or more credits that is required to graduate. Students take it when finishing up their bachelor's program. It requires you to work in the community in some way.) The capstone class I chose, features African Refugee Children. Among three other books we needed to read, I finished this one quickly, I couldn't put it down. A long way gone, memoirs of a boy soldier by Ishmael Beah. It is a heart wrenching book that is told through the eyes of the author who was a child soldier in Sierra Leone. It is not for the faint of heart as it is very graphic, true story and deals with the themes of war and the atrocities that child soldiers are forced to endure. This book just makes me want to help children all over the world more then before. Hopefully I'll be able to do so after I graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment