
Last Friday the ward had a Valentines' Party. It was fun, although it was probably more for a family with children. Each room had something different. In one room they had an Xbox set up with Dance Dance Revolution. Mostly the preteen and teenage girls were in that room. Then in another room, a Wii was set up and the teenage boys were in there playing tennis and bowling. In another room adults were playing board games, chess, etc. Another room was set up with coloring for the little ones and the ball room (our cultural hall is called the ballroom because it has a parquet floor, a stage, and lots of weddings are held there.) was set up with a DJ for those who wanted to dance. There was a huge buffet table also. I've never been to a ward valentine party before. I thought it was awesome.
Then at church, our sacrament theme was about love. The first speaker talked about the love she felt in her family. The next speaker spoke about the love he had for his wife and the last two speakers talked about family. It was a sweet message, too bad James was sick in bed!!!
I love Valentine's day. I like getting valentines and I like giving them. Before I was married, my friend Rachel and I used to get together and make these fabulous homemade valentines for our friends and leaders we worked with. I still have cardstock from those times. When I lived at home, my mom made a gorgeous table scape and made a special dinner for us. She always gave us a simple gift that was practical. My mom loved making every holiday special for us. I know it was her way to show how much she loved us. I think all of us kids have great memories of those times and each of us replicate the valentine dinner in some fashion. My sister in law Heather likes to take our family traditions and try to incorporate them into her family for my brother. She is incredibly sweet and I'm glad it means something to her. This year I'm breaking the tradition and taking my husband out to dinner. I'm also going to make a chocolate cheesecake. I always plaster valentines all over the wall and ceiling in our bedroom with a funny or cute note on each one for him. He didn't want me to take it down last year and so I left it up for a month......I love valentine's day......
No comments:
Post a Comment