Monday, February 18, 2008

Poem I wrote for my poetry class about James

Quietness surrounds me.
the sound is loud in my ears.
The world has left me alone,
cold and comfortless.

The moon is gone,
she has been cruel.
The stars are dull and faded,
they’re lost.

I am small,
frozen and alone.
I whimper in sadness
feeling sour in my bones.

There is a glimmer
In the distance.
A candle gleams brightly
Across snowdrifts of disbelief.

The door opens
And the brilliance floods over me.
The light brings heat
And offers affection.

He stands in the doorway
With his hand outstretched to me.
He then reaches into the sky
And wipes the sadness away.

My husband came into my life just when I needed him most. Funny how things work out that way. I'm grateful for him, I've been feeling very sick with a kidney infection for the past three days and he's been so good to me. He is not a very patient person, but he's been overly so with me. I love him.

No comments: