Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lots of weddings this year...

We went to Sacramento on Aug 3rd - 5th to attend James' cousin's wedding. I've never been to a wedding where most of the guests ended up in the swimming pool! We flew into Reno. I couldn't believe how my perception of it has been so different then when I lived there as a young adult. We went to the Reno Temple, it was small, but nice. We also tried to find the old house, it was hard to find because the field that was in front of it is now filled with houses. We then drove to Lake Tahoe, man was it hot. James went swimming, but I hardly got out of the car because I was afraid I'd burn. I remember those nasty burns I used to get when we went there as a kid and how miserable I was when I got home. We then drove around Sacramento and the outlying areas so James could show me the houses he lived in. We also went to the Sacramento Temple.... beautiful! We had a great time and enjoyed being with family. We hope to make it to my cousin, Lindsy's wedding reception on Sept. 1st in Idaho. We're not completely sure we can go, so I guess if we wake up that morning and James feels he can leave the office, we'll hit the road!

No comments: