Thursday, August 23, 2007
Power Hour
We've instituted what James calls Power Hour. We read the scriptures for 20 min., exercise for 20 min., and clean the house for 20 min. It's been great, sometimes I sit James in the kitchen to read scriptures to me while I cook dinner. James started this because it is so easy to get caught up in every day life and get weighed down by things that don't matter eternally. James' favorite saying, "And how does this effect my eternal salvation?" I'm glad that we're doing power hour now, it's a great source of strength for me and I love to read the scriptures with James, we are able to share our spirits with one another and be able to feel of The Spirit in our home. My friend, Marcy does a cool thing with her kids. She lights a candle with her little children, they sing a song, pray and then read a short scripture out of the children's Book of Mormon Stories that have the pictures. Then they end with a song, prayer, and they take turns using a snuffer to extinguish the candle. I love it!!! It was short and sweet and only long enough to keep the attention of her little ones. Her kids are so used to the routine that her oldest, who is 5 told his mom they needed to have scripture study the morning I came over. What a great mom!!! I'll probably adopt the same routine, when and if I have children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great idea! Cool!
Post a Comment