Saturday, April 5, 2008
Bread
I made olive bread last night for dinner and it was awesome. I got the recipe from Pioneer woman's website. She makes great fattening food that I don't normally make. (Some people must be born with anti-fat genes, because if I ate the way she does... not only would I get hugely fat, but I'd have a heart attack and die on the spot.) Anyway, I altered her recipe a bit so I could cut down on fat. I used a quarter cup butter and a quarter cup of low fat mayonnaise. (The topping mixed up and spread great even though I used much less fat than she did.) Anyway, it is a recipe I wanted to try because when I lived in Southern Oregon, I was at a family friend's house helping her find and catalog names in an old cemetary. She went downstairs and made me olive bread. I've tried to recreate the recipe since then, but never got it to taste like hers. Well, thanks to Pioneer woman, I think this is the recipe. It is fabulous. Go make yourself some, you'll be glad you did! I even ate some for breakfast this morning because it was so good. (I've been reading the Pioneer woman for quite awhile. She's so talented and funny... she also has quite the following. Go check out her site for a laugh out loud good time.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment