Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A good read


James recently finished this book. His synopsis of it to me was explaining the ways our government is corrupt and how they scapegoated Argentbright security, despite them doing absolutely nothing wrong, in an effort to cover up their own incompetence and ignorance of all the warnings they were given before 9/11. He said, "Security at airports is nothing more than useless, expensive window dressing wasting billions aimed at placating the masses. While there is virtually ZERO security for all of the caterers, janitors, and maintenance personnel. Any one of them has nearly unlimited access to aircraft and could put anything they wanted on them. That is in fact how guns got on the planes on 9/11. Our government is giving the people a false sense of security. Our government has lied to everyone, and most especially its own people. After reading this book it eliminated any musings as to why so many people throughout the world hate us." Sad!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I do agree about going through security at the airport. I keep thinking when I'm there that this isn't doing any good. Terrorists know how to get on, it is just an inconvenience to the rest of us. Hey, I got my sewing scissors on. I forgot they were in my bag. Gary looked at them and said I definitely could have hurt someone bad with them. But after measuring them, 8 1/2" long, they let me through.
Try as they would like us to think, I know they can't keep us safe. You should read the books by Chris Stewart, a retired LDS air force pilot. There are 4 of them, "The Brothers", "Where Angels Fall", "The Second Sun" and "Fury and Light". Fast reading books. The first one takes place in the premortal world. The rest take place on earth and we see how horrible things can be and what they might become and how Satan is involved.

Tyler Mencl said...

Very true and the end you misspelled peoople. =)

James and Angela said...

Oh COME ON!!! I like peoople spelled that way!

James and Angela said...

There, I fixed it!!!