Yesterday was our 2nd wedding anniversary. I wanted to write a blog about it since it's a very important day. Sadly enough, we were in bed SICK all day today. Then I had to drag myself out of bed later to go do an interview with one of my friends that worked with me at Spa Sasse' for my class in minorities so I could then come home and write a 6 page paper about her. James and I wanted to spend the day at the beach, we will have to celebrate our anniversary during my Christmas break instead. For our honeymoon we went to the beach and it was warm and beautiful. It was beautiful last year too. Today? Rainy and nasty all day long, it's a miracle it was so nice on the beach for us on our honeymoon. I thought I'd blog about our special day.
James and I were married November 18, 2005 in the Portland Temple. We were living a block away from each other in downtown Portland and I picked him up from his apartment. We picked up the flowers we ordered from a little florist shop and went to get my dress from the bridal shop. I should have went the day before because we were late getting started. We then went to the Olive garden where we had our bridal lunch with the family, pretty much everyone else had already eaten by the time we got there, but it turned out OK. Everyone had a good time. My mom and dad were there, Gary, and Tyler. Aunt Ruth came and Uncle Wayne and Aunt Dorothy. My friend Jen came, which was sweet of her. I told her she could be my sister for the day. James' mom and dad, all his brothers and sister (Bob, Darin and his kids, and Melissa) came also. When we got to the temple, oops I forgot to pick up the marriage license.. so James had to drive back to my apartment to get it. (good thing we only lived 10 minutes away) I went to the bridal room to get ready. My mom, James' mom, Jen and Melissa came in with me to dress, I was glad I got to take my time while James was running around, double parking and getting a ticket!!! Then I met him and we walked into the sealing room. Our bishop had just gotten home from an out of town trip and come straight to the wedding. We were pleased he was there. While we were walking into the room, the temple worker that I had met when I was sitting in the temple deciding to go on a mission and later when she was at Craig and Heather's wedding met me at the door. I couldn't believe my own sweet angel temple worker was there on my wedding day! Afterwards we took pictures. At one point I was trying to get James to laugh and look more relaxed in the photos and I grabbed his butt, thinking nobody saw me. Well, Aunt Ruth was standing right in back of me!!!!!!! HOW EMBARRASSING! My little Aunt who is my grandmother's sister... I think I turned all shades of RED!!! But I laugh now at it, it is pretty funny. Then we took off to the beach, me still in my wedding dress and James in his nice suit. We went to eat at Dory's Cove and when we walked in, we got a standing ovation. That was fun. Then we went to our lovely wedding retreat on the beach. I made sure we got a jacuzzi in the bedroom. We spent 4 awesome, splendid days together and when we got back we had to move into a new house and the craziness began. I want to pretend it's our honeymoon again and run off to the beach...
No comments:
Post a Comment