Friday, November 16, 2007

Book Review



I just finished reading Villette by Charlotte Bronte. I own all the Bronte sister's books and have read this book over and over. The first time I read it was in high school. My teacher was surprised I picked it to read for one of our book reviews because she said it was a book she read in college. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with this book, but I think it is better than Jane Eyre, (which I read in junior high) yet I love that book also. I guess because I love romance books and these ones are just my speed. Romantic and clean and I adore the classics. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I really like this book too. I read it for the first time last year--I read about 30 different books last summer. I love having summers off! I am reading Jane Eyre to my girls right now. They like it so far!

James and Angela said...

I've read all the Bronte sister's books. They're all worth reading. I remember mom reading Little Women to us when we were young. Those were such good memories, I'm glad you're creating good memories with your girls. I love to read out loud to children also, James didn't want me to read him little women. Hmmmm, I wonder why??? So I've gone over to my friend's house with stacks of books and read to them. They are so much fun to read to, they'll sit for hours and my friend gets to take a nap and the kids and I are thoroughly entertained. I could read all day and be HAPPY. I LOVE books!