Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Authentic Chinese

James and I ordered Chinese from Hung Far Low the other day. I love this place, but James isn't a huge fan of Chinese. I was buried with my studies and hadn't cooked anything all day. The food was so awesome. James had broccoli beef and I had sweet and sour pork with pan fried noodles. We had funny fortunes. Mine was quite relevant, although I'm not sure how true. It said, "You have excellent concentration and are inclined to think deeply." YEAH RIGHT!!!! I wish I had excellent concentration, it would be more accurate to say I'm an extremely distracted person with all I have going on.... I just took three tests in the past two days. I have yet another paper to write on The Overcoat by Nikolai Gogol. (We are reading Russian authors this week in my short story lit. class. I highly recommend this story, it was funny and absurd. It just goes to prove to me I need to dust off the brain and write!) I have another paper to write for my minorities class and also another paper to write for geography. Plus I need to memorize all the nasty theory in my music class. Ugggghhh... I hate theory. It's not rocket science, it's music theory, which is HARDER than rocket science!!!! I also need to study for another test to get into the Graduate Teacher Education Program. I think I need to go to bed and rest for the next 2 years. I'm sleepy....

4 comments:

Carol said...

You are so funny. I'm waiting to read your first book. I'm sure it will be awesome!

Carol said...

Gary just told me that our eye sight takes up 1/3 of our brain power and wondered if that is why when he studies and memorizes he always lays his head down on his desk and closes his eyes. Might try it when you are studying.

James and Angela said...

Yeah that sounds like a problem right there. Closing my eyes while studying... I've tried that before, then I wake up 3 hours later and am mad because I should've been studying. I'm too tired all the time to do that! Gary's just brilliant.. some of us have to work harder and do without enough sleep.

Carol said...

You AREN'T suppose to go to sleep! LOL