Monday, October 29, 2007
Sauvie Island
Going out to the farm is so enjoyable. The food is the best you can get, organic and better priced then the stores. The farms on Sauvie Island are beautifully kept also. So we decided to go to the farm yesterday and get some vegetables since I'm out. We picked up beets because I heard they're supposed to be really good for you. Ok so now what? These things are SO ugly, but I wanted to try them. I had no clue what to do with them when I got them home. My mom told me to roast them in the oven and then peel off the skin. That was easy enough and so I decided to serve them with dinner tonight. I loved them, but James said he thought they tasted like sweet dirt. Hmmm... I guess I'll be eating the rest of them for lunch for the next couple of days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment