Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Birthday





Gary, we hope you have a lovely birthday party and that the cheesecake is awesome. (Cheesecake is my favorite too.) I am making you a quilt, it is red and purple. I will post a picture soon. I am in the process of piecing it and am making it without a pattern. I searched through tons of patterns and didn't find anything I liked, so I decided to wing it. Aunt Arlene once told me that quilting doesn't require a pattern. You can make up whatever you want. So I decided to take her advice and do that.... Hopefully mom will let me borrow her quilting frames during spring break so I can quilt it for you. I want you to know that I admire your dedication you have had in school and work. I don't know many people who put themselves through school and come out with no debt. That is very admirable. I also am amazed at your diligent hard work and self control you show. James calls you a machine because of your self control and dedication, he says you'll be able to do anything you want to in life. Congratulations!!! on getting into an Ivy League school for Dentistry. You are humorous and always making people laugh. Thanks for being such a good example. You deserve every good thing in life and I am excited for what the future holds for you. We love you.

No comments: