Monday, March 31, 2008

new (last) term

Spring break is over... Today was the first day of my last term at Portland State. I was sad that spring break went by so quickly, but I am going to love my classes in spite of all the papers I'm going to have to write. I am looking forward to my creative non-fiction writing class. We'll have a finished piece of work at the end of the term, exciting... a lot of work!... but a learning experience that will point me toward some of my goals. This is the first book we are reading. (a memoir) (I just finished reading it last night, it is very compelling, straight forwardly written, and humorous.. even though the topic isn't funny at all.)I'm taking another art/drawing class... which I am excited about, I will learn many new skills in my artwork and my professor said she'd work with me on my pastels.

I'm taking Baroque Art History. I love realism, so I think I'll enjoy much of the Dutch art we will be studying. (Rembrandt, Vermeer, Dou, Steen, etc...)

I'm also taking an education class, it is a 3 hour, one day a week class on wednesdays. I think it will be an enjoyable class as well.

Good luck to everyone taking classes this term.

No comments: