Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday DAD!

Today is my Dad's birthday. He is OLD!!! HA HA HA HA HA... just kidding Dad. Actually James' Dad is 10 years older than my dad, so he's not old yet. Now James' Dad is an old geezer... HA HA HA HA HA...just kidding...
Birthday Graphic #370



Actually I wanted to say thanks for everything you've done for me. One of my earliest memories of my Dad was him holding my hand when we walked into church. I'd become agitated because my mom wouldn't hold my hand anymore when we walked into church (I hated walking into church when I was little without a parent to hold onto... I was extremely shy as a child and I hated it when adults would try to talk to me. I'd just stare at them and not know what to say.) because she had to hold the "little boys" hands carefully.(HA... they're 31 and 29 now.) I'm glad that is one of my first memories of my Dad.

My Dad has a sense of humor. Some people don't find him funny though, they need to lighten up. One year my mom boiled a dozen easter eggs and put them in the fridge, when she got them out she couldn't remember which ones were raw and which ones she had boiled. So my younger brother said he had a trick that worked to tell... you spin each egg and if it spins, it is hard boiled.... well I colored all the hard boiled eggs that year. Now every year, it is my Dad's strange tradition to crack a hard boiled egg on one of the boys' heads... usually one brother in particular. (because he's more laid back then everyone else and takes it better.) Well, this brother is one sly, cool, calm guy. He grabbed the first egg and cracked it on my dad's head and what do you know... it gushed out everywhere.... that was the funniest easter ever and a better way to tell if an easter egg is hard boiled or not. We all laughed until we almost wet ourselves.

So, thanks Dad for some great memories growing up.... I loved going to Ross Park when I was little and having picnics. Family summer trips and outings, boating, boating and more boating...., I love the fox and geese game we played in the backyard after the first snowfall... so much fun. I liked that we had fun and especially the individual father/daughter sunday council meetings we had. I'm grateful for all of it... Thank you.

No comments: