My grandfather always had a cat when I was growing up and he loved them. He had Samantha (Sam) his beautiful Siamese cat. He even had a picture of her on his wall. She was PURE EVIL! Once when we visited my grandparents, my brothers and I were outside playing and we saw Sam beating up the neighbor's dog. He was a big dog and Sam was on top of him, digging her claws in. YIKES.. That was one super bad cat. If you want a watch/guard cat... get a Siamese... (James says that's what the Egyptians bred them for... "watch cats"... my husband is full of random facts about almost every subject... it can be amazing and annoying all at the same time.) ANYWAY... She also hated kids, every time we'd come to visit, that cat would hiss and show us how mad she was that we came. I was truly terrified of that stupid cat. Once she took a swipe at me and I said, "Grandma, why is that cat so mean?" (As I was helping her fry up fish that they had caught on their last fishing trip.) She said when Sam was a baby, some kids teased her and ran over her tail, causing her to have part of it removed. That is why she didn't like kids. Well, that helped me to be more understanding.... (I don't know if cats can really hold grudges that long, but whatever... Grandma said it was true... so we'll go with that.) Then once when my Grandparents came to our house in Reno, Sam would hunt birds and mice and bring them to the back patio.... EWWWWW... grody! We had a pet African lovebird (Kiwi) at the time and Sam once had planted her naughty self on the side of the bird cage. Poor Kiwi was freaking out. I knew then, that cat had the devil inside. My Grandpa laughed and told Sam to get down. That stupid cat only ever obeyed Grandpa.
So should I get a cat? Maybe I will... but I WON'T be getting a Siamese!!! (I may not be able to get a cat at all... I need to figure out if I'm allergic to them. Curses to allergies!)

These are some of the litters our bonded pair had... flopsy, mopsy, and cottontail. They all had blue eyes. We sold them after Missy began weaning them. Squiggles looked just like his papa. Brown eyes and sweet. I wanted to keep this little critter, he was so fun. He loved to snuggle and play, James said... you cannot keep this one and have THREE rabbits. We live in the city, not the country. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know. It's a good thing they're gone though. I was taking the max dose of asthma medication and was still wheezing, plus I cried everytime we had to sell the babies, I wanted to keep them all....
No comments:
Post a Comment