Thursday, August 7, 2008

conservative republican

Do you recognize this guy from the youtube video I posted yesterday? Mr. Rachel... I like you! I'm a conservative republican too.
I haven't been a supporter of McCain in the past. I don't really like listening to his voice and I didn't like the fact that my favorite nominee dropped out of the race to McCain. However, I found these facts about him on http://www.nobama.com/ and I now feel good about supporting him and will definately be voting for him in the upcoming election. A site like NOBAMA.com is all about NOT voting for Barack, and for good reason. McCain is a great American!.

(Taken from the nobama site)
Here is a Great Profile of the Real John McCain

Family:
Father and Grandfather were American admirals

Three sons in the military: a Navy pilot, a Marine who served in Iraq, and a son at the Naval Academy.

Adopted a daughter from Mother Theresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh because the orphanage could not provide the surgeries and rehabilitation she needed.

Married, Cindy Hensley, chair of Hensley & Co., the distributor of Anheuser-Busch.

She runs non-profit groups to provide medical treatment for children in third world countries.

Character:
John McCain believes in putting his country first above self-interest and personal ambitions

War Hero

John McCain was nearly killed trying to save another pilot after a devastating chain-reaction of explosions on the USS Forrestal.

John McCain volunteered for the combat mission in the Vietnam War that eventually led to him being a POW for five and half years. Although tortured, he refused to give any information other than his rank and serial number, and initially refused to make propaganda statements or meet with anti-war groups because he did not want to give the North Vietnamese a propaganda victory, and turned down the Vietnamese offer of early release because of his code of honor, that prisoners taken before should be released first.

After his release, he continued to serve in the Navy for another 8 years, and then became the Navy’s liaison to the US Senate.

Military Awards:

Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, and Navy Commendation Medal

Arizona Representative, 4 years

U.S. Senator, 22 years

Committees Served:

Senate Armed Service Committee

Indian Affairs Committee

Senate Commerce Committee

Legislation:

Supported Gramm-Rudman for automatic spending cuts in the case of a deficit

Supported Increasing cigarette tax for anti-smoking campaigns

Believes in reducing pork barrel spending

Supported Iraq War Resolution

Supported Climate Stewardship Act

Accomplishments:

Normalized relations with Vietnam

Profile in Courage for campaign finance reform legislation, McCain-Feingold Act

Passed McCain Detainee Act which prohibits the inhumane treatment of prisoners

Leadership in exposing Abramoff scandal in which the lobbyists of Indian casinos illegally gave gifts ($85 million) to legislators in return for votes

Wrote the legislation that created the 9/11 Commission with Sen. Joe Liebermann

Co-sponsored the Aviation and Transportation Security Act that led to Federalized Airport Security

Bipartianship:

Worked with Sen. Kennedy to pass the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006

Self-Less Acts:

McCain supported the Iraq troop surge of 2007, and was first to questions the progress of the war in Iraq.

John McCain formally announced he was seeking the presidency of the United States on in 2007. He stated that: "I’m not running for President to be somebody, but to do something; to do the hard but necessary things not the easy and needless things.

Books Written:

“Hard Call: Great Decisions and the Extraordinary People Who Made Them”

“Character Is Destiny: Inspriring Stores Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember”

“Why Courage Matters: The Way to a Braver Life”

“Odysseus in America”

“Worth the Fighting For”

“Unfinished Business: Afghanistan, the Middle East and Beyond – Defusing Dangers That Threaten America’s Security”

“Faith of My Fathers”

Before I leave on vacation, I'll post something other than politics for those of you who can't stand them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he has really done some amazing things!!!

I really wanted ROMNEY to win!!!!

James and Angela said...

I wanted Romney to win as well! When he dropped out, I quit following politics until recently. I started following politics again because it seems everyone in my liberal city likes Obama. He is a very scary person to elect and there are members in my family who want to vote for him. The more I find out about him, the more scared I am for our country. He wants change, but it's not good change, it's socialist change. I am on board with McCain, he's a true American with true American ideals. He's a little too liberal for me, but he's better than a socialist, communism lover like Obama.

James and Angela said...

and McCain's a lot more qualified to do the job. Normally I don't talk about politics. I don't like to listen to people get upset. It makes me feel sick.