My brother went tuna fishing today instead of us leaving like we were supposed to. He was happy to go and took my little brother with him. Our family friend wanted to take him fishing on his boat in the ocean one more time before he left and he said today was a perfect day for it. Of course he couldn't say no, he's going 50 miles out and has never been trolling for tuna. I've never seen such an avid fisherman/boy, he was so excited. So my mom and I went shopping today and are getting finger food ready for the trip.
I hope he catches some tuna because I want to take some home. I asked if he thought I could go with them and my little brother said no very emphatically. I asked why, they said because tuna fishing is a messy, bloody business. When you catch one, you stab it in the head to kill it and then you have to slice it open and bleed it right away. When you're done and you've caught all the fish you want, the boat is very bloody. GROSS!!!
In the meantime, my brother realized the brake light on the car wasn't working last night, so it's a good thing we checked it out before we left. My mom and I went and had it replaced today. I guess it's good that we are leaving a day later, nobody likes being pulled over by the police... the less I have to deal with them, the better!
3 comments:
Tuna FIshing sounds gross!!! but i bet it still tastes good later! :)
glad you got your brake light fixed!!!
I just hope they catch some tuna. I fixed some halibut the other day and it was so good. I put a little olive oil in the pan, squeezed a lime over the fish, sprinkled it with a little lemon pepper and cooked it on low until it was done... YUM!
EWWWWW bloody fish?! :P
But a Tuna Sandwich is GREAT - I bet even better FRESH! :)
YUM!
Post a Comment