Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

I'm Thankful for:
~First and Foremost and I'm thankful for my family. I love my parents and know how much they love me. I feel their love for me constantly. I love my brothers. Craig has always been there for me, helping me out when I needed it the most. Gary, well Gary always gives us all comic relief. Both Craig and Gary are strong, focused, diligent, honest, hard working, amazing examples to me. Maybe some day I'll be as well grounded and focused as they are. (I can hope I'll be able to change my flighty ways, right?) My sweet Tyler. I love you dearly! You are so sweet to me and I love talking to you and playing games with you. Thank you for loving to PLAY with me because James HATES games! Then James.... oh James... I love you! Thank you for having so much patience with me when I'm being crazy, flighty, silly, or weird... (or When I was in school and crying my eyes out because I had so much homework from taking 16-18 credits a term and didn't sleep for days... sorry you've had to put up with me when I've been emotionally bereft or acting like the wicked zombie witch who needed to desperately sleep!) My sweet sister in law, who I'm glad is my sister. Thank you for sharing your sweet little girls with us. Sweeter angels have never existed before them, hopefully I'll get some babies like them!
~The time I spent on a mission and becoming stronger spiritually and learning to stick up for myself.
~The 12 years I spent as a cosmetologist. Those were fun years and I miss doing hair, but I was so ready to go back to school and get out of the back biting, salon gossipy, meanness that went on.
~My bachelor's degree that I earned this past year. I couldn't have earned it without lots of prayer and help from my Heavenly Father. Thank you Father in Heaven for helping me get great grades and helping me stay awake in classes even though I hadn't slept for a few days!
~The opportunity to get my master's degree.
~The opportunity to live in Portland, because I always wanted to and now I have!
~Other opportunities for work and positive change.
~My friend giving me a job and it was one I absolutely loved and I was able to have a girlfriend who shared her children with me and her experience giving birth to her last baby.
~I'm thankful for the peaceful times in my life when I can sit back, relax, and be quiet.
~I'm thankful for sleep. I love to sleep. Even though I struggle with insomnia, I'm thankful for the times when my body lets me rest.
~I'm thankful that I have so many interests because I get bored very easily. I'm also able to be persistent enough that even though I find something hard, I stick with it and eventually can master it.
~I'm thankful for Prayer, for an ability to talk to my Heavenly Father and feel of his love for me.

I hope all of you have a lovely Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are amazing and very strong!
We love you.