Saturday, June 7, 2008
taking better care of myself
I'm taking a break. I've decided I need one, desperately before it kills me. I've been going to school, including summers for 3 years nonstop and I'm tired... in fact, I feel all the stress of going to school, getting married during a term, moving, taking more credits than full time, not sleeping and doing homework, have caused my bad health. I have horrible blood pressure... it's been as high as 193/101 and my doctor recently put me on medication for it. It since has dropped 130/88 which is good, but I desperately need a break. I went in for an EKG last week, because my Dr. is concerned about what is going on with me, she says if I keep going at this pace, I'll be dead when I'm 40. 33 years old is too young to be having (old people) problems like high blood pressure... So, I'm going to spend this year losing weight, getting healthy, getting a job, volunteering, and working on portfolio/applications to getting into graduate school. No more school for me until next year and when I get into school again... I'm going to work on leading a more balanced life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment