Thursday, June 5, 2008

new meme

Rebecca tagged me for a new meme... a day in the life. I don't know if anyone really wants to know what each day of my life is like... each one is different and crazy and changes each term. I also graduate in two weeks, so what my life will be like then will be vastly different to what it is now.

Here it goes:
Monday...
James children come every other weekend and if they were here, then I didn't go to bed and am very tired. I have worked all night drawing or doing a project for my Art class. It's too difficult for me to get my projects out and have everyone stepping around them, it's easier for me if I can just work without interruptions and get it done. Now if his kids weren't here, I'm rested and ready to go to school.

7am I shower, eat, get ready
8am leave
5pm leave school (I have 3 classes this day, Art, Art History, and Creative nonfiction Writing)

5:30pm Come home start on dinner
(check email while things are cooking or baking)
7pm sit and eat
Then I do dishes, respond to email, go for a walk, or if something good is on tv, I do yoga. (I think I'll go buy a jumprope and jump like Rebecca is doing while watching tv)

James normally is watching Star Trek on tv at night. Sometimes I watch with him, but I get bored of it and do other things, like get started on homework for Wednesday, Workout...
Depending on how involved I get in homework is when I'll go to bed.(sometimes as late as 1am or even 3am)

Tuesday...
10am wake up get ready
11am go to chiropractor
12pm come home, we eat lunch (my husband works from home)
1pm we leave to go to an appointment, sometimes we run errands then.
3pm we get home and I work furiously on homework
5-5:30 I start on dinner and do homework
7pm we eat, I do dishes
I do homework the rest of the night and don't get any sleep (I'm taking 15 credits and the homework assigned on Monday is a lot to get done for Wednesday.)

Wednesday...
I never sleep Tuesday night, I'm usually rushing to get projects done, papers written, etc. My day is the same as Monday except add one more class. International Teaching. It lasts 3 hours and I don't get home until 10pm.
10pm arrive home.
we eat leftovers
sit down with James on couch,promptly fall asleep, James wakes me up and I groggily wash my face and brush my teeth and go back to bed, and wake up at noon the next day.

Thursday-Friday:
clean kitchen, do laundry, homework, work out... nothing is set in my schedule those days and I purposefully keep it that way. The first three days of the week kick my butt. Thursday nights I watch LOST with James... at least I did until the finale. James usually watches tv every night, but our tastes in tv are slightly different. If I want to watch tv that I've missed, I get on line and watch Dancing with the Stars which James detests.. He calls it "Dancing with the Has Beens".

Fridays, if James has his kids I clean the upstairs bedroom and bathroom for them, put away laundry, housework, and yup... do more homework. James and his kids watch movies, tinker with their toys or do whatever it is boys do.

Saturday, I try to spend outside doing yard work. I have my hanging baskets up already and I planted them myself. Last year I bought them, but at $30 a piece I figured I'd do my own this year. They're looking great too. This Saturday, I plan on getting my garden in. (If James had his kids, they go fishing or are out all day and I've packed them a picnic lunch.) Then after he's dropped his kids off, we watch a movie from netflix or I go to bed.

So that is the day in the life of me. I'm ready for graduation, all this homework is making me nauseous...

No comments: