Here's a new meme that Rebecca tagged me for.
50 things about me: (I hope I can think of that many)
1. I have 4 brothers and 1 sister.
2. I was born in Idaho. I've lived in Nevada, Oregon, Massachusetts, and Utah. I've lived in Oregon the longest...
3. I was the middle child until I turned 16 and my mom had my little brother.
4. I used to babysit for cash as a teenager beginning at age 12 until I turned 17. (Who didn't? I think every LDS girl I know did.)
5. When I was 17, I worked at House of Fabrics. I got out of school one period early and I walked to work, sometimes my mom would come to get me and drive me there. (thanks mom!) I worked there until I turned 19.
6. I went to beauty school at 19 and practiced cosmetology until I got married. Then went to school full time.
7. I went on a mission when I was 25 years old.
8. I went to the Massachusetts, Boston mission and was called to speak Spanish.
9. I got married when I turned 30.
10. 5 of my siblings have bachelor's degrees. 2 have master's degrees. 2 of us will be getting master's degrees. (The sibling that doesn't have a degree has yet to get out of high school)
11. The only places I've visited outside of the U.S. are Canada (Victoria B.C.) and Jamaica. (it's all erie, mon...)
12. I never took an art class in high school or in college until this last term. I never thought I could draw. I thought my art class would be fun and I had three electives to take before graduation. Plus I thought I couldn't get a bad grade even if my drawing was horrible. All I had to do was try.
13. I want to learn to use pastels.
14. I taught myself to crochet.
15. One of my coworkers colored my hair fuschia once because he decided at the last minute to make up his own formula and not follow mine. I had bold stripes of fuschia throughout my hair and looked like a punk rocker. My boss fixed it the next day. I mixed my own color from then on.
16. My brother has a three month old daughter that I haven't seen yet except in pictures.... and I LOVE BABIES... (tear rolls down cheek!) I hope I can go see them soon.
17. A friend of mine is pregnant with her fifth child and she's my age. I have yet to have any. (she tells me she got started having children late... yeah whatever...)
18. I told my husband that the first thing I wanted when I moved into my house was a pet. For our first Christmas together, he got me a Holland lop bunny. 2 bunnies and 2 years later, I re-homed them because I found out the hay is too much for my asthma. I had an asthma attack everyday. I'm still sad that they are gone. I miss them. I hope they are being spoiled in their new homes. Whenever I go by the pet store, I hold and pet all the baby bunnies.
19. Jon Heder's Dad (napoleon dynamite) used to be my Bishop in my singles ward and my Doctor.
20. I like a wide variety of movies and couldn't give you just one that is my favorite.
21. I love vegetables. My favorite is an artichoke.
22. I love all fruit.
23. I like to cook and bake. I especially love to make bread by hand. (not in a bread machine)
24. I like to cook with food storage. I'm learning how to do it more and more and it is fun. I'm also good at going into my kitchen and making something out of nothing. We may have not gone grocery shopping but I can always make something good. (I credit that to my mom.)
25. I don't like staying home for Christmas. The best Christmas I ever had was on vacation in Florida, even though I was sick, it was awesome.
26. When I was in first grade, I got bit by a dog. It was a deep bite on the knee. A policeman came and looked at my knee and later shot the dog because they said they didn't know if it had rabies. Later I found out that it was my primary teacher's dog. The sunday after it happened, he made me take my bandadge off to see how bad it was. He felt really bad. I still have the scar.
27. We had a bookmobile where I lived. When it came to our little town, we always went and checked books out. Those were some of my favorite times during the summer.
28. I used to hide from my mom so I wouldn't have to help her clean the house. I wanted to read my new library book instead. (sorry mom)
29. I read Jane Eyre when I was in 7th grade. One of my friends at school said she was reading it for a lit class.
30. I'm looking forward to checking out books again since I'm out of school and don't have to read textbooks now.
31. Both sides of my mom's family were pioneers who crossed the plains. My Mom's grandfather helped build the Salt Lake Temple. He was from Wales. My Dad's parents were converts. My grandma joined the LDS church when she was a teenager. My grandpa joined after he met my grandma.
32. I like going to the dentist. I like coming out with whiter teeth and even if my mouth hurts, I feel good because I'm taking care of myself.
33. I love traveling everywhere. Someday I hope to see every country in the world.
34. I like flying. I don't like flying long distances though. I hurt my knee on my mission and it never healed properly. Sitting for long periods of time makes it swell up and ache. One time I was pretty close to going beserk. We had been sitting in the plane for 2 hours and I was close to jumping out of my seat and running down the aisle. Now I ask the flight attendant for ice.:)
35. My husband used to have a private pilot's license before I met him. He's going to work on getting it back so we can fly by ourselves.
36. I like going to the beach. I like the humid, salty air.
37. I love Portland, but am ready to move somewhere warmer maybe near the equator. I must be really cold today.
38. I'm planning on becoming a teacher in an international school.
39. I did not change my name when I got married. I think it is silly to change names when you like it the way it is.
40. I love to garden.
41. I love to sew.
42. I love to do embroidery.
43. I love horses. I used to ride my friends' horse whenever I went out to her house. She was rather wild because they didn't ride her often. She always tried to knock me off by going under trees. Naughty girl. James has a friend who has invited me out to her house whenever I want to ride. I'm excited, we're going to go soon.
44. I like to iron when I have time. (I haven't ironed anything since spring break, it's all sitting upstairs waiting for me.)
45. I have a quilt I need to finish up for my brother before he leaves for Philadelphia. It's red and purple. I'll post when I get it finished.
46. I have another quilt up in my closet that needs to be finished. I made the top with my Grandmother the summer before I went on my mission. I want to finish putting it together since she is no longer alive. I'd like to put it on my bed. I'm going to take it to my mom's house this summer so she can help me quilt it.
47. I took a sewing class in high school and made my prom dress.
48. I worked in a nursing home for a year before I moved to Portland, doing elderly people's hair. I loved it and made many friends there.
49. I like going to farmer's markets.
50. I also like going out to farms in the area and picking fruit or vegetables. I'm planning on canning this summer.
4 comments:
Oh Angela, we have SO MUCH in common! I *LOVE* Book Mobiles, Love to Cook, Love Animals & don't like staying home for Christmas. One of the BEST Christmas' I ever had was in PA. SO PRETTY there around Christmas time (and all the time in my opinion). I hope one day Clark and I live back east. :)
Oh & about wanting a pet - do you like Cats or Dogs?
Great List Angela!!!!
I would love to live on the East Coast as well. I love Massachusetts and sometimes dream of it. My brother is moving to Philadelphia and so I'm hoping to go there this Christmas. I like all animals. I wanted a little pomeranian dog, but my husband says no to dogs. He doesn't like them. He says I can only have one when we move out on a large piece of property and then the dog will have to be something useful like a lab. I would also like a kitty, but he says no to that too, he's afraid I'd be allergic. So, I have to wait to get any kind of animal. For now I just go to the pet store and pet them all and then come home.
Rebecca, your kitties are very cute.
I like going to the pet stores to visit the animals as well. It's so sad to see people who love animals so much but are allergic :(
I heard that Siamese cats are good for those who have allergies because their dander on their skin is different from other cats.
Thanks for the compliment about my Kitties! :)
Post a Comment