A neighbor knocked on my door and asked if she could pick some ripe apples. I told her to pick what she wanted. We got to talking and she noticed my hairdresser apron I had on while I was cleaning the house and asked if I would cut her hair. I told her what I charged and she was happy. She said she loved my hair and wanted some color put in hers too. We talked for almost an hour and I showed her my garden box and gave her a cucumber and some kale. I told her when my tomatoes ripen I'd stop over and bring her some. (I planted 6 tomato plants and I have 4 that came up volunteer from last year.) She was the coolest girl and I found out she's in medical school and I'm going to be in graduate school as well.
So much in common! It was nice to have someone knock on the door and chat with and get me away from my sweaty, nasty chore of laundry and ironing upstairs in the heat!
Have an awesome weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment