Tuesday, October 7, 2008

butternut muffins

I made butternut muffins today at work and they were sooo good! I changed the recipe a little from the book.The recipe was for coffee cake and I put the batter in a muffin tin, spread butternut squash puree in the middle, more batter on top and I put a a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts on top. I know, they may sound really weird, but they were awesome and very healthy.

And I realized just how dull my knives are at home. I sliced open my finger while peeling the rind off of the squash and it bled like nobody's business! EMBARASSING!!! I put three bandaids on it and it still bled through. Finally, I couldn't continue I just had to sit and get it to stop. Then I told my friend I needed some nice sharp knives like hers at my house. She looked at me like I'd lost my mind, but seriously I didn't realize how hard I was working with those dull knives until I started using her sharp ones.

I know what my first purchase will be with this new job!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hope your finger heals fast.

Dolly said...

Sorry to hear you have dull knives and a cut finger :( But I bet the butter-nut muffins cheered you up!
(I liked the "nobody's business" part best).