Saturday, May 10, 2008

garden boxes

WHEW.. what a busy week I've had. With midterms, James' kids visiting, laundry, cleaning house, planting/weeding outside, and loads of homework. I'm about wiped out. I've also had several acupuncture appointments this week to try to stop the swelling and inflamation in my arms (I have severe carpal tunnel) so I can sleep at night. But among all the craziness at our house, James made me a garden box. I'll take pictures of it soon. I can't wait to garden, I find great joy in it. Last year I grew an amazing garden just in the beds along the side of the house and the back plot against the house. I was amazed at how much produce I was able to grow in such a small space. I had so many tomatoes that I began making my own tomato sauces. I like knowing that we are eating healthy. We were able to eat from the garden almost every day during the summer. Now that I have a garden box, hold on to your aprons... I'm about to garden up a storm. I hope everyone that can is planting a garden too. Gas prices are predicted to go up to 7-8 dollars a gallon before the end of the year and that will mean a huge increase on what we're spending on food. So, get your gardens in and grow as much as possible and if you know how to can, or like me are going to learn this summer... dust off those bottles.... you'll be glad you did.

No comments: