Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My mom has been sending me quotes of things I said as a child. (See my mom above, that is me on my blessing day.) I think it is wonderful that she kept such memories by writing in her journal everyday. My mom says her journal reminds her what sweet children she had while we were growing up and all the fun things we did.

Thanks mom for sending me these fun memories.I have a good memory and probably should write a book about my life. I remember all the swimming lessons we had during the summer and Mom sitting there watching us, she didn't learn to swim and wanted to make sure we knew how. We had fun boating trips almost every weekend and even though Mom didn't like the water so much, she was there and wanted us to have fun, she even learned to drive the boat for us. We went on lots of outings to Ross Park and picked up Dad from work for a picnic that Mom made for us. I've eaten lots of food from different people and my Mom is still the best cook and baker I know. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes and teaching me to cook as soon as I could stir, now James thinks I'm the best cook he knows!!! My mom was the Young Women's President in Reno and she went camping with us. I was glad she was there, she made it more fun. We had a lot of fun living in Salem when I was still at home. We went to Enchanted Forest, to the beach, I loved taking my mom to lunch or ordering lunch for us and bringing it home when I got off work early. Sometimes just her and I (and our little tagalong...Tyler.. not that I minded Tyler, I'd take you everywhere with me and would love it.) would go do fun things like visit The Deep Wood Mansion.Thanks Mom for all the love you've shown to me through out the years. I hope you have a lovely day today.

No comments: