Quite unexpectedly, James mother sent me a thank you note in the mail with a few caramels. She thanked me for the afghan I made and told me it has a special place in her home. At first I thought she sent me an early birthday present, but then I read the thank you note. It is a sweet thing to know a gift is appreciated and even sweeter when a special thank you note is sent. When I was growing up, I remember a Family Home Evening my mother gave that was about showing gratitude and how to have good manners when someone does something nice for you. I appreciated that lesson. I also appreciate the time someone else takes to show me they liked something I made them, especially when it takes a lot of time to make an afghan and a lot of patience. So Thank You Mom, for your sweet card and candy... the candy was fabulous by the way...(and yes I ate some of them, but I gave half to James and the ones I did eat, I only took one bite and popped the rest into James' mouth. Not like he needs them though, but at least most of them didn't end up on my butt! Ok, so back to watching my sugar intake.)
No comments:
Post a Comment