Tuesday, July 15, 2008
callings
Is it weird to be told over the pulpit that you've been released from your calling? That's what happened to me on Sunday. I was released from my Primary teaching calling in Sacrament meeting. I thought it was a bit weird, but granted... there have been a lot of families moving out of our ward and moving to the suburbs. It seems all the kids have left too. We only have three classes in Primary left. (We do have lots of nursery age children.) I haven't had a class to teach for months. (I have two girls, one hardly ever comes because her parents are divorcing and she spends weekends with her Mom. The other girl comes every other weekend because her parents are divorced too, but wants to go to the older class because her friend is in there.) They rearranged the Primary and three of us teachers were released. One teacher was put into Young Womens' and the other teacher was put into teaching a Sunday School class. I wasn't given a calling and all I could think of was SWEET! I hope they forget about me for awhile because I'd like to fellowship the new family from Burundi and I'm going to go on vacation... with my Mom, and a brother or two... it will be crazy, fun, and exciting. James is going to go on his own vacation, he's excited about taking his kids camping, I'm glad because that's one less camping trip for me to go on while they go sleep in the dirt... I actually don't mind camping, especially at the beach. I just don't like to have to clean up the mess when we get home.... no fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That would be wierd to be released without prior knowledge....
but it happens! :) it happened to my sister one time, too.
I know what you mean about not having a calling & just RELAXING! whew...wouldn't that be NICE?!!?
I hope you enjoy your vacation :)
Angela:
thanks so much for coming by my blog. I loved reading yours today. Especially all of your favorite books-I love every book that you listed! I'm sure it was strange to be released from the pulpit-I've heard of that happening, but I think it's better to give some notice. It'll be good to have a break. I always enjoy my time between callings, especially since there is always work to be done like fellowshipping and visiting teaching and dropping of dinners, etc. Thanks so much for coming by my blog!
Post a Comment