
The Oregon Coast was voted the 10th place in the U.S. you must see before you die.
"Highway 101 along the Oregon Coast swerves through 360 miles of jagged cliffs, rocky outcrops, sweeping dunes and temperate rain forests. The coastline lacks deep harbors, so there are no large cities here — just old logging towns, fishing villages and the occasional artist colony. And the entire coast is public land, which makes for excellent picnic opportunities in rugged and remote spaces."
I think the Oregon coast is pretty spectacular as well. I've driven the entire length of it many times. I haven't gotten my pictures yet from our beach camping trip, like the goose I am, I left my awesome digital camera home and only had my husband's cell phone to take pictures on. We also used the camera my Dad gave me, but it is a real film camera. It will take some time to get the film developed and I'm waiting on my husband to make time to put the pictures I took on his cell on his computer.
The other spectacular drive I've been on was after my mission. I got home in October and my parents and little brother came to get me. We drove from Boston to Vermont to Brigham Young's birthplace. The red, yellow, and orange hillsides were amazing to see. The gently rolling hills were covered in a blaze of warm color and they went on for as far as you could see. I'd like to take my husband there. That's one place I have been that he hasn't.
1 comment:
wow!!! i would love to go there!!! it sounds beautiful!!
Post a Comment