Wednesday, July 2, 2008

speech/ how do you say_____?

My blogging buddy, Merrianne wrote a blog on what type of accent do you have? She has a southern accent, I have a western accent. I wrote in her comment section about a conversation I had with my husband that confused him and I thoroughly. It is about how to say peel. Do you think the words peel and pill sound the same or do they sound different to you? I think they sound the same, my husband says they sound different.

That reminded me of Joey Tribbiani on "Friends", when he's trying to learn french and he thinks he's speaking it, yet really is only speaking gibberish. He thinks what he's saying sounds exactly like what Phoebe is trying to teach him. Funny.
Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha haha! Angela, that is funny!!!! :)

I think Peel and Pill sound different...around these parts, PEEL has 2 syllables and PILL only has one :) Crazy Huh!?! :)

I love that Video Clip! I was Cracking Up!!!!!--i still am!♥

Your blog is Great!

James and Angela said...

Glad you liked the post.

I love that video clip too... way too funny!