Monday, July 21, 2008

dentist

Ugh, I lost a filling last night and had to go to the dentist today. My mouth hurts so much that my mom had me lay down and she put the heating pad on my face. I used to like going to the dentist when I was younger, but now it seems I have a hard time going numb. He had to give me three injections so I wouldn't feel the drill. I don't like my dentist anymore. I don't like going there anymore. I feel kind of crabby today. I'm glad I'm at my mom's house. I think I'm going to go take a nap.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I hate the Dentist. When I was little I was ALWAYS put out when filling a cavity. Then I went to a new Dentist at about the age of 14 and the first time he filled a cavity he used NO numbing and told me not to cry that he has children who don't cry when filling a cavity. :( Ever since that first time with that Dentist experiencing a filling for the first time WITHOUT numbing, - now, today numbing still doesn't do anything for me. Even 3+ shots! Luckily for the past few years I haven't had any cavities and I hope it stays that way because the next time I go to a Dentist - I want to be put out. :)

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the Dentist- but sad to hear that you're in pain. Nothing better than having your Mom take care of you though! ;)

James and Angela said...

I think it is mean to not let someone have numbing when they're being drilled on, unless the request it. Especially children! The dentist you saw must have been a real jerk. I don't blame you for wanting to be put out.

I can't wait until my brother gets out of dental school because my dentist has the worst bedside manner. He doesn't even tell you what he's doing to you until he's already done it... HELLO! I'm paying for the treatment!! Then I had tears rolling down my face during the treatment because it hurt and the assistant held my hand because I was breathing through my nose audibly, trying to calm myself down.

I think I'm with you. Next time, I want to be put out too!